Sweet potato fries are a staple in this house. I could seriously eat them everyday…which is why a make healthier version is a must! No deep fryer involved. I’ve even roasted them without using any oil at all, and they still came out good!
Another staple in this house is guacamole. I mean, is there ever a bad time for avocado? Sometimes I just eat them together for dinner and nothing else.
These are best made when you want to eat them, but if you get them crispy enough they stay that way another day – as if you’ll have leftovers!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed and dried*
- 1-2 tablespoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- optional: dash of cayenne (I love it)
- Preheat the oven to 450F degrees
- Cut the sweet potatoes into (a quarter inch or so) strips lengthwise (picture above).
- Mix all ingredients (I usually just use my hands!), together until well coated.
- Transfer onto a large (greased enough) baking sheet, spreading them out so they don't overlap each other. You may need two trays, depending.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, checking and flipping them over in between.
- Remove when edges begin to brown or to your crispness liking.
- Add more salt if desired and enjoy!
- *If you want to prep ahead, cut them and leave them out to dry well. The key to getting them as crispy as possible is the least amount of water and not too much oil!