I love creating and making recipes. It’s therapeutic and satisfies my creative side, something I truly enjoy and often share with all of you too! And then I had a baby. A 24 hour day seemed to be only, I don’t know, 3?! I have found myself cutting corners wherever I can lately to make life just a little bit easier. And then I discovered Sun Basket! No trip to the grocery store for ingredients and minimal preparation since everything is already measured out. Sweet.
Sun Basket offers farm fresh, non-GMO produce, grass-fed, antibiotic-free pastured meats, and sustainable seafood. Not only do they have a wide variety of food options offering different meals each week to choose from, but you can also customize it to your dietary preference whether you’re paleo, gluten free, or vegetarian. All meals are created by a chef and approved by a nutritionist. All packaging and contents are recyclable and eco-friendly. I was excited to try them out!
When the box arrived, it was labeled refrigerate immediately so I did just that. It was packaged up so nicely with the return label already in there for when it’s time to send it back (i.e. you leave it on your doorstep and someone will pick it up!).
Here are the three dinners I decided to go with:
- Roast chicken with parsnips and Catalan salbitxada sauce
- Salmon with tomato-ginger chutney and cardamon rice
- Sushi rice bowl with teriyaki tofu
Each meal comes in a paper bag properly labeled and inside are all the contents (seen above) you need to make the recipe. All ingredients are pre-measured and most are ready to go. Minimal chopping and washing involved.
After I made the first meal, I was excited I still had two more. It was tasty and save me thinking “what I should make?!”, getting to the store (and do you guys ever get there only to find they don’t have one of the ingredients you need?!), and fully preparing it myself. It was tasty and I wouldn’t have thought to made a salbitxada sauce. I feel like we all get in food ‘ruts’ where we tend to make the same types of things over and over. I like that this broadens my horizons a little!
The next night I made the salmon:
And then the sushi bowl:
The reasons I’d order Sun Basket again:
- Farm fresh (mostly organic)
- Allergy conscious (suits my gluten intolerance and mostly vegetarian ways)
- Quick; every thing is already portioned out and saves me from getting out and putting away ingredients and condiments
- No trip to the grocery store
- Diversity of meals, ones I would not necessarily think of or make.
An improvement I’d make:
- Add a veggie side if the meal is just a carb and protein (not including the sauce)
- Portion options if possible (my hubby can definitely eat more than me!)
Have you had experience with any food delivery services? If you choose Sun Basket, click here to get $30 off your first box!