I saw you recently posted a gluten free wrap and it looked really good! What’s in it and is it easy to make? Thanks! ~Ella, CA
The spicy veggie wrap is one of my favorite meals. Hands down. It’s healthy, easy, and super tasty. I discovered it at one of my favorite healthy eateries in the South Bay (Los Angeles) and decided to re-create it myself since, let’s face it, it gets a little pricey when you eat out daily!
Since I am gluten intolerant, I needed to find a good gluten free wrap, which I have to say isn’t the easiest task in the world! Even now that ‘gluten free’ is so much more highly recognized, maybe even a “trend” right now, it doesn’t mean that everything has been perfected in both the taste and consistency categories! BUT…I did find an amazing wrap. I’m pretty sure it’s the one the cafe uses too! Here’s everything I used:
What makes this wrap spicy (though it really is pretty mild, depending!) is from the spicy black bean dip. You can either make it yourself from a recipe I posted here, or pick up some at your local farmers market or health food retailer. If you cannot find black bean dip (spicy or not), you may find black bean hummus which works nicely too! My favorite ingredients to add in are avocado, tomato, cucumber, and spinach. You can really add whatever tickles your fancy!
Here is the outcome, and recipe below!
- cucumber slices
- tomato slices
- spicy black bean dip
- 1/2 an avocado
- spinach leaves
- 1 gluten free wrap/tortilla (I used Food for Life Brown Rice Wrap)
- Using all cleaned veggies, slice the cucumber and tomato into thin slices (about 4) and then cut those into halves. Set aside.
- Warm up the tortilla on the stove for a few seconds or in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Spread the black bean dip onto the tortilla like you would butter on bread. Use as much or as little as you are hungry.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the middle.
- Wrap it up, slice it down the middle, and enjoy!
- Very nice paired with some extra greens tossed in vinegar, and tahini dressing to dip the wrap in!
- Use all organic ingredients when possible!