Last week I posted on both social media and here on my blog that I ordered a sample pack of Vegan Shakeology and would provide an update let you all know what I thought about it! It came with two single-packs of (vegan) strawberry and two single-packs of (vegan) chocolate. I just tried the strawberry one this morning, check this out (with the bump! Can you see my feet?? Me either!):
It was yummy, but I noticed that I liked it A LOT better when I added a bunch of leafy greens since I tend to prefer an “earthier” over a “sweeter” taste. There was a great response over social media about trying Shakeology. I was surprised how many people had either already tried it and loved it, or who were interested in what I thought about it because they’ve considered it at some point. I don’t blame them because after trying it for myself, I’m hooked! I’m so happy about this for a number of reasons. Before that–here’s a pic of the chocolate one (which is a half a frozen banana + almond milk + a bunch of leafy greens + a little ice):
Since I’m a bullet-point lover, I will break it down that way why I’m so happy about this situation:
- I’m going to save a lot of $$! My husband knows too well my love and obsession for keeping our house stocked with all the greatest super foods, antioxidant powders and berries, and super greens whether it’s powdered in or a supplement form. Shakeology has them all in there.
- I love what’s NOT in there too: no soy, gluten, gmo’s, lactose, or dairy
- Adaptogens like Ashwaganda which I already was taking and had my husband on too. It is (to me) one of the best supplements to incorporate because of it’s ability to adapt to each individual and help decrease stress. It’s an Ayurvedic herb and I’ve been a fan of it for years now.
- The energy I’m gaining from it. I feel good. And right now at 38 1/2 weeks pregnant…I’ll take it!!! Yesterday I did not have it, and I was falling asleep again by 10:30am. It’s 1pm right now and I’m still going strong.
- It satisfies my cravings. I love chocolate, so the fact that I can satiate that with a yummy meal every day that’s more like a salad disguised as a shake, I’m fine with that.
- It’s low in sugar, high in protein, and the perfect amount of calories to be able to add other ingredients to liking without getting too crazy with it.
- The antioxidants. This is what I like to call the “beauty foods”. Keeps you young and fights those free radicals.
- I’m relieved to have found something that will be easy to prepare and have during postpartum and provide the nutrients and energy I need all in one.
There are a lot more, I’ll leave it at that…if I list too many I think that’s defeating the purpose of the bullet-pointing 😉
Here’s a breakdown of the actual ingredients and nutrition facts:
If you want to try it too I recommend getting the sample pack like I did that way you know if you really like it. You can do that by clicking here and then click on “Shop” and go to Shakeology. There are a couple options, so choose what kind of sample pack you like. I did just the vegan one, but there is also an option that includes whey and vegan. Whey has more flavors to sample as well.
I went ahead and signed up with Beachbody. I’m so happy they offer a 25% discount for signing up as a “coach” which means I can get the 30-day supply of the shake every month at a discounted rate! Because there’s a special going on right now, and I am excited to get into a workout regimen once I can after the baby, I ordered the 21-Day Fix Essential Package too. That way I can get the best of both worlds by combining the shake and a workout routine as well as an eating plan. I’ll be offering free coaching during this challenge for those who want to do it with me! I will keep you posted when that will be!
Have you tried it before? Did you like it?