In my last pregnancy post, I was at the halfway mark and shared the supplements I take and the awesome body pillow I got. This time I thought I’d share with you the other products I’m using–my must have’s–from what I put on my skin to the books I’m reading and what I’m wearing! There are SO many options out there and it’s easy to think we need every single one of them during our pregnancy to either better the experience or because it got rave reviews. To counter that I will have you know I do not own the book What to Expect When You’re Expecting. I actually do however have the app on my phone which I enjoy because it’s a condensed, bullet point version and focuses on exactly where I’m at in my pregnancy. The topics that seem interesting I click on, and ignore others. Call me crazy, but I don’t like to know too much. I like to stay informed 🙂
I don’t have everything I use, wear, and read, but these are some of my favorites!
- Body Merry Stretch Marks Cream. I’m not sure how much stretching is necessary to acquire stretch marks, but I have not seen any yet. I have been using this cream religiously and love it. It’s super thick but goes on and soaks in in no time at all.
- Lavera Self-Tanning Lotion. Sometimes I like a little boost for a sun-kissed look, and this does the trick. I believe Target has started to sell it too (right on! So many more natural products are making it mainstream). I like this so much because so many self tanners are super toxic, but I can feel good about using Lavera, pregnant or not!
- Young Living Deep Relief Roll On. What would I do without this?! It feels so good on sore muscles. I roll some on my neck and shoulders just about every night. I love the smell falling asleep too. It’s so compact I can easily bring it with me everywhere I go!
- Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Oil. I use this on my entire body. Almond Oil contains Vitamin E that helps with any scarring and marks. I love the way it feels. I use it on my face too and no, I don’t break out from it! You can actually use oils to clean your face!
- Honey Girl Organics Face Cream. This skin care line is fantastic. I don’t know what else to say. I think you’d love it too!
- Dead Sea Essentials by AHAVA. I love the eucalyptus scent. If you click on that link you will see it’s $11.99 at Target. I actually found it at TJ Maxx for $4.99. Steal! Anyway this stuff is awesome. An amazing invigorating foot scrub too.
What I’ve been reading:
- The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy. This one is by far my favorite. I am so glad my girlfriend Alexandra recommended it to me. I have recommended it to other girlfriends and the general consensus is it’s a must-read for pregnant ladies! It’s hilarious, informative, and consoling.
- Expecting Better is a great book my friend Amber recommended to me. She said rather than scare tactics it’s a book written by a woman (a very intelligent one at that) who truly wanted answers herself. As an Economics Professor, she had the right tools to pull and source the data needed for the questions we all seem to have during pregnancy, so I am grateful for her curiosity and wisdom!
- HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method. I have yet to receive this book, I just ordered it, but I have heard a lot of good things about Hypnobirthing so I thought I’d give it a read. There are classes but I’m not feeling that committed to both the price tag and the task. I’m more comfortable reading about it so I feel educated and informed if I want to use those tools during labor. Whatever helps!
- Belly Laughs. My best friend Kortni sent me off with this the last time I visited her in Arizona, and I am so glad she did! I took it on the plane to visit Amber in Hawaii…which was a little embarrassing. Not only could I not contain my laughter, but if you see the chapter titles in this book, it’s not meant for the passerby. There is nothing off limits here, but, then again, it’s Jenny McCarthy!
Items I’ve been wearing:
- I love wearing chunky cardigans like this and layering. Cotton On is great for finding those types of items at affordable prices. I used to shop there when I lived in Australia…so I was very excited when they came to The States!
- Another good find at Cotton On. Chunky mesh knits are a staple for me, I just buy them a size larger now to carry more surface area.
- The denim top is from a cute boutique called Irene’s Story. It has a cute little tie which I will probably start wearing on the top of my belly once it gets very large. It’s the right length, more of a tunic, so easy to pair with comfortable leggings and boots or in my case the flip flops I’ve been living in, which I’ll get to at #7.
- These long tanks are awesome. For $5.95 at H&M it’s a steal. I love to layer them under just about everything. Covers my hips that have widened so nicely too for the little ones delivery 😉
- Oh, Lulu. Have you seen this Instagram post? That about sums it up. These are their Wunder Under Pant with the roll down option. These cotton ones are SO comfortable. I have them in their Luon material too which I also really like. As long as they have the roll down–which I happy roll up to cover my belly.
- The awesome maternity jeans I talked about in this post, from Macy’s by Motherhood Maternity.
- Reefs. Some people swear by Rainbow’s…but when it feels like there are little pillows under your feet, why look anywhere else?! I lived in these on our baby moon and continue to do so, weather permitting.
I also recently bought the BeBand by Ingrid & Isabel from Target, but I haven’t worn it yet! I think it’s because I have great long tanks I usually wear underneath everything. The BeBand is a great way to cover your belly and/or keep pants up without buttoning them fully! It’s good for transitioning postpartum as well back into those clothes worn pre-pregnancy. Or if you know you’re just going to eat a lot on a night out, a good investment 😉 I’m sure I will need it at some point or another.
So that concludes my must-haves, what are some of yours?!