- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- squeeze of fresh lime
In a medium bowl, combine all your chopped and diced ingredients. Add garlic and onion powder followed by salt, pepper, and squeeze of lime. With a spoon, stir until all ingredients are nicely mixed together.
- When chopping tomatoes, all juices that naturally get onto the cutting board are to be poured in with the tomatoes themselves. This gives the pico de gallo extra flavor and heartiness.
- This recipe can be served chilled or left out for a while at room temperature. Tomatoes provide the most beneficial antioxidant, lycopene, at room temperature or cooked.
Serve with homemade tortilla chips and you’re good to go!