Do you have a cookie recipe that’s a little healthier than most? A nut butter one or chocolate chip but still paleo and gluten free? Thanks. ~Susan, NV
I just love making unhealthy things just a little bit healthier. I still believe in indulging (let’s not skimp on chocolate, shall we?!), but it doesn’t need to be overly decadent to be delicious. Using nut butters (if you have a peanut/nut allergy, please use your favorite alternative, or one like this) provides healthy fats and protein and is great as a base to the cookies rather than flour that’s typically used in baking (so if you want a brownie recipe too using nut butter, check this one out!).
These are paleo friendly (just use Enjoy Life chocolate chips, or an equivalent) and gluten free! They’re kid friendly too which is always a bonus given they’re healthier than the average cookie 🙂 Plus, your money is stretched further too since you may already have some or most of these ingredients on already on hand.
On a personal note, I am loving using my brand new kitchen! Cooking and baking is really that much better. Plus, I’m pregnant soooo…I don’t mind taste testing as many of these recipes as possible. At least you know I really approve! 😉
- 1 c almond butter
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TB coconut flour
- 1/2 c chocolate chips (paleo friendly)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine almond butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract in a medium size bowl. Mix well.
- Add in the coconut flour and mix well.
- Lastly, pour in the chocolate chips and mix until even in batter.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about 10 minutes or until cold.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the batter onto the parchment paper and flatten out a bit, like shown in the picture.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and check to see that cookies are a golden color. If not, about 1 or 2 more minutes should do it.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool completely before consuming! This will ensure they stay in tact!
- Use organic ingredients when possible!